Monday 5 April 2010

Styling

These are the outfits I have sourced for my photoshoot, which are mainly made up of clothes I have bought from the high street. I wanted to create a style that had a subtle 80s look and also represented each of the different sins, which is why the outfits don't have a main theme in terms of colour or fabrics. Even though the 80s look was a big trend last year and was in all the shops, many of the items such as big shoulder padded jackets have disappeared from the shops this season and therefore, I found it quite hard to source clothes that I had orginally envisaged using for my photoshoot.
Envy: For this sin, I really wanted to create a green outfit to represent the 'green with envy' image, however this colour is obviouly not in fashion at the moment as there were hardly any green clothes in the shops. I was drawn to this jacket as it is very eye-catching and contains green shades, which I decided to team with this green satin, high waisted skirt which has an 80s look about it.
Sloth: I wanted to find an outfit that was light in colour, preferably baby blue, to represent the light, dreamy image of the sin sloth. I was really pleased with finding this dress as it has a high fashion look and the bleached denim fabric is very representive of 80s fashion. I have styled it with a selection of pearl necklaces, which add interest to the simple shape and the pearls also compliment the girly, soft image I want to create for this sin.
Wrath: One of the darkest sins, I wanted to represent this image in the chosen outfit. I really wanted to find a jacket with sharp, edgy shoulderpads as this would create a spiky, aggressive look. Even though shoulder pads have been in fashion the last couple of seasons, it was really hard to find this style at the moment. I managed to fnd this jacket with shoulder pads in the sale, however to give it an edgier look I have team this with a black lace leotard with adds a dark, sexy twist.
Greed: This dress is covered in multi-coloured sequins which gives a glamorous, bejewelled look and really represents the sin greed. This dress definitely has an 80s vibe with its rouched shoulders and mini dress length. The slashed neckline is actually the back of the dress, however I decided to turn it around as I think it makes a more flattering neckline and the plain back wont been seen in my images anyway.

Lust: I love everything about this dress, from the bright orange silk to the massive ruffles it is just really eye-catching and flattering to wear. The ruffles make it very flamboyant, a look which is associated with 80s fashion and creates great volume and texture to the dress. This dress will really add to the flirty, fun look I want to portray in my Gluttony image.
Lust: I wanted to use underwear as it adds to the sexy look of my lust concept. I only needed to find underwear to cover the top half of my model as her bottom half will be covered by the newspaper sheet. This red bra really adds to the drama and raunchy look I want to portray in my lust image. It is covered in pretty lace detail and the corset detail will add to the erotic, sensual quality of the overall image.