Wednesday 17 March 2010

Hair & Make Up Ideas

These images give an idea of the style of hair and make up I want for my photoshoot. Candy colours are a big trend at the moment, and also match the bright feminine colours of The Girls logo and the scenery planned for the paper eaters event. Therefore I plan to use clashing, brightly coloured eyeshadows to create a dolly mixture effect and also use strong coloured lipsticks to match the mood of each sin. This style also resembles the look of 1980s new romantics, which adds to the 80s vibe of my styling and ties in with the nostaligic 80s look of the paper eaters.
The hairstyles I have chosen are all updos with a slightly messy or quirky edge, as I know The Girls are found of big, messy, birds nests hair in the style of Helena Bohnem Carter in the film Sweeny Todd. I want the hair to add drama to my images and therefore needs to have lots of volume and height, which is why I will experiment with quiffs in order to achieve this effect and add an 80s edge.