Friday 5 March 2010

Seven Deadly Sins

I have created these image boards of each of the seven deadly sins, as a starting point for inspiration for my own photoshoot. I have also added the different meanings for each sins from a thesaurus, to help me imagine the different ways I could portray the sins, as the thesaurus has shown me slighty different contexts and meanings for each word. I have also included these definitions as I wanted to be exactly sure what each of the sins meant, as words such as sloth and wrath were quite vague to me, but now I have a clearer idea of what the words actually mean.
I have also noticed how some of the sins meanings overlap quite alot, such as Greed, Gluttony and Lust all represent feelings of desire, craving and longing, whereas Wrath and Envy have similar conitations of jealously and revenge.

Looking in mirror, showing off body, peacock feathers.

slouched poses, messy surroundings, dazed expressions.

Angry expressions, destruction, violence.

Jealous expressions, desire for what others possess.

Excess food, hungry expressions, gorging on food.

Lying in unmade bed, revealing parts of body, red lips.

Showing off money, excess of money/ objects of desire.