Friday 26 March 2010

Zoe Bradley for Tatler

I really do like this editorial Zoe Bradley helped create for Tatler's May 2008 issue. Paper scenery is another ingenius way of using paper in a photo shoot. I love how all the paper props are really quite simply hand drawn onto white card, but this is what makes them so effective and doesn't distract too much attention from the model. The props that work the best are the ones where the model is interacting in some way with them, for example holding onto the lamp post and paint brush. I love how this look would really suit the paper eaters style but still maintains such a glamorous high fashion feel, thanks to the beautiful couture dresses. This editorial has opened up the possibility of using paper scenery in my photo shoot, however I think it is more effective if the paper element is interactive with the model in some way, therefore I feel paper props whould work beeter for what I am trying to achieve.