Friday 19 March 2010

Paper Dresses

Newspaper dress by Zoe Bradley
1960s "The Souper Dress" Andy Warhol Campbell's Soup Paper Dress
Origami paper dress
 
Newspaper dress by Gary Harvey
Designed by Petra Storrs for The Sunday Times Fashion Suppliment
Newspaper dress by Zoe Bradley
Newspaper dress by Gary Harvey
Paper Sculpture Fashion by Zaharova and Plotnikov



I have been researching ways I can incorporate paper consumption into my seven deadly sins images and have come across these amazing paper dresses by various designers. These images go to show how versatile paper can be, as a way of creating volume and ruffles, origami shapes or adding prints to a design. It would be really interesting to use paper dresses in my images, however I don't feel I have the construction skills to pull this off. I have thought about collaborating with other designers on our course as a way of creating paper outfits, although I feel that the outfits I will choose are quite personal to each sin and therefore I wouldn't be able to rely on someone elses designs to fit each sin.