Friday 12 March 2010

Harvey Nichols campaign

I remember this Harvey Nichols advertisement campaign from the time of its original release back in spring 2005, as it really caught my eye for the way so much is happening in each image to really draw the eye into the scene. The art directors Adam Tucker and Justin Tindall used the concept of the seven deadly sins to depict each floor of Harvey Nichols e.g. Gluttony - food hall, Sloth - menswear, Pride - beauty and Envy - womenswear. The aim of this campaign was to show that Harvey Nichols is a place where temptation is on every level and you can indulge your wicked desires - the ultimate sins. I love the way the seven deadly sins have been protrayed through these glossy actoion shots, each telling its own story. This is something I hope to recreate through my portayal of the seven deadly sins but incorportaing the element of paper consumption as well.