Wednesday 31 March 2010

Storyboards


Now that I have collected ideas for how to portray each sin, I have drawn out some storyboards of how I imagine my images to look. This will also help me decide if my concepts will actually work as a photographic image, if they are feasable and if they have the right balance and composition.

Gluttony: I am going to stick with the idea of having my model look as if she is gorging on paper food, as this really highlights peoples hunger and need to devour paper.


Lust: I am keeping with the idea of having my model lying down in a bed, as if the viewer is witnessing the aftermath of a lustful encounter. She will be sprawled out and grabbing onto newpaper bedding, to highlight the desire and longing for the tactileness of paper.


Wrath: For this sin, I want to keep the props quite simple and focus on my models expression of anger and rage. By showing my model tearing up sheets of newspaper, this will highlight society's destruction of paper and the planet's natural resources.

Sloth: I want my model to be sat with a dazed expression in amongst piles of disgarded newpaper, to highlight society's carelessness and disregard for wasting paper.

Greed: For this sin, I want my model to be covered in paper money and to be really showing it off to highlight society's excessive need for paper.

Pride: I have tried to depict society's obsession and love of paper in this image, with paper plastered all over the walls and broken mirrors to reflect the vanity, however I don't think this image is very strong or clear at the moment.


Pride: This is another idea I could use to portary this sin. The idea will be to have my model wearing a massive headdresss constructed from paper, as if to highlight the notions of big-headedness, over-inflated ego that are associated with pride and vanity. I want this to be a shot of the head and upper torso as if to show that she is wearing nothing else but the headdress and is taking pride in showing off herself whilst being adorned with paper.

Envy: I have rethought this image and have decided to portray envy by showing my model defacing images of beautiful women in magazines, as I want to highlight the jealousy and spitfulness of this action.