Monday 8 March 2010

Howard Schatz

This is one of the best examples of the seven deadly sins portrayed through fashion photography. This series of images was created by the well established photographer Howard Schatz, although I haven't been able to find out where these pictures were used, it does look like they are in the style of a fashion editorial.
It is interesting to see how each of the sins is portrayed, as I have noticed it is often the case of very beautiful, impeccably dressed women acting dysfunctionally in some way or another. I like how alot of the images are shot from above, as if to show the model lying helpless in each particular sinful state.
I am also interested in the text and especially the fonts choosen to represent each image and sin. Imaginative styles and layouts of text have been created to highlight each sin, just by the shaping of the word. This has been achieved effectively to some extent as some words are stronger and read better than others. Although it is a great idea and has given me inspiration to experiment with different fonts, when it comes to presenting my images.